What is the difference between a CEREC® crown and another crown?
Our team is always looking for ways to make your visit easier, more effective, and more comfortable. CEREC® same-day crowns technology helps us do that.
CEREC® can do in hours, what used to take weeks!
Traditional crowns usually require two visits. The first appointment is used to prepare the tooth for a crown, take impressions and then the impressions are sent to a lab to create the crown. The lab creates an all-porcelain crown, a porcelain fused to metal, or an all-metal crown. The patient wears a temporary (plastic) crown over the prepared tooth. In the second appointment (usually two weeks after the first appointment), the temporary crown is removed, and the final crown is cemented onto the tooth. The patient usually needs to be numb for both appointments.
CEREC® is a fabulous, modern technology that makes getting a dental crown a breeze!
By using digital technology and computer-aided design, Dr Goodwin can design, create, and place your new crown in just one visit!
Here’s how CEREC® technology works its “magic”:
- After the tooth is prepared for the crown, a special wand is used to create the digital impressions of your damaged tooth
- We transfer the digital impressions to a computer and create a 3D model of your tooth
- The 3D design is transferred electronically to a milling machine we have right here in our office
- The milling machine creates your new crown using a durable, natural-luster porcelain material
- The crown is fired in our on-site oven and is ready to be placed after it has cooled
- Dr. Goodwin immediately places your crown (no need to return another day, no other days off of work, no getting numb another time!)
- You get to leave our office with a beautiful, natural-looking dental crown!
What else do our patients love about their dental crown procedure with CEREC®?
AN EASIER DENTAL VISIT!
In the past, a dental crown procedure wasn’t something to look forward to. CEREC® has removed many of the things that made your visit uncomfortable.
Here are some of the perks you can look forward to with a CEREC® crown:
- You get your new smile today, in as little as two hours! No need to take off another day from work or school!
- Impressions are made digitally, so no messy impressions are needed!
- No need to wear a temporary crown!
- All-porcelain crowns mean no black lines along the gumline!
- The porcelain is color-matched to blend naturally with your teeth!
- No need for another injection to numb the area!
After hearing about how we use CEREC® to create your new dental crown, we hope you feel more prepared for your visit.
Do you still have more questions? We would be more than happy to answer them for you. That’s what we’re here for!